Thursday, September 22, 2005

 
Hi Everyone,

I am rather disappointed to see that no one sent me any comments. Is there anyone out there?

On a more serious note, I am supposed to record "what I've learnt in class this week" over the next couple of weeks and also how I've used the computer/ICT in my daily life.

Last week we had recess and so had a bit of a break ( not really, we had an article to write).I can comment on the previous week's class though. Basically what I've learnt is that it is much more fun to actually do something practically, instead of listening to a lecture. Prof divided us into 4 groups, each with a different topic to research and then design a computer-based activity on the given topic.

We were under tremendous pressure to gather as much information as we could and then use that information to guide the design of the learning activity. I loved the idea of working in a group as one can achieve so much more when one puts one's heads together. I must admit that in the past I had never enjoyed group work as I always got really irritated with people that did not pull their weight or that wait till the eleventh hour. I am deadline driven and get annoyed with people who are not. However, I have decided to make a conscious effort to 'change my ways' as the emphasis nowadays is on collective learning as opposed to individual learning.

So, in a nutshell I have learnt the value of group work as well as that of 'hands on' learning.

With regards to the use of ICT, I have used the internet to gather information for my article (assignment). Also, almost on a daily basis I do internet banking for my husbandwho is self-employed. I have also contacted my brother in Cape Town via e-mail.

One of my ex-learners just contatcted me and asked me to help her with her assignments. That means I have to go. Until the next time, bye bye.

Comments:
Hi
Happy for you you have submitted your article I am still working on mine and I am struggling to get enough information on the topic I have chosen. Today I must not sleep and finish up.
Bye
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?